Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rams / Rush Limbaugh

If you haven't been paying attention, Rush Limbaugh has been a part of a group of partners submitting a bid to purchase the St Louis Rams. Everyone and their sister who disagrees with Rush politically has come out of the woodwork to try to keep this from going down. It got crazy enough that Rush has backed out, and the bid is going forward without his involvement.

My take: I just don't get it. Maybe someone can explain it me. I don't get what the fuck difference it makes; or who may or may not offer to buy something in the open market. Why does it matter? Or more importantly, how dare you get involved in someone else's business transaction? Are you going to start deciding who can buy a house in your neighborhood? This is the same damn thing.

Who cares if you disagree politically? How does that affect the sport? The NFL allows players convicted of manslaughter and dog-fighting. That's right. People who play the game are directly involved with killing humans and puppies, but Rush Limbaugh is too controversial to be part owner of a team. That's retarded.

But he's RACIST. Oh is he? If you're claiming that, I can promise you I have listened to his show more than you have. He hasn't said the racist things he's been accused of saying. Do I think Rush is a racist? Well, you can never truly know what's in a man's heart. Maybe he is. I think everyone is at least a little bit racist. But even if he is, is he any more racist than any other rich white person? How many rich white people own sports teams?

If there's something I've missed, please explain it to me. You'd think the average football fan would be more concerned with the Rams' string of losses than with who owns the team. When you have the longest losing streak in the NFL, you might want to embrace just about any change.

No comments:

Post a Comment